With the country in lockdown, there’s never been a more important time to keep yourself healthy, not only in body but also in mind!
Government lockdown guidelines allow you a daily walk and it’s a great way to keep you healthy and reduce stress. A half-hour walk around the block can have great benefits and also helps to break up the mundane of daily isolation.
Check out these twenty benefits of walking.
- Walking helps you with weight management
- You don’t need any special equipment
- Anyone can do it, just open the front door and step out
- One of the simplest form of exercise
- It’s a low impact exercise
- Low risk of injury
- It lowers low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, which is the bad cholesterol
- Raises high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, the good cholesterol!
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces risk of some cancers
- Helps to reduce to risk and aids with the management of type 2 diabetes
- Improves your mood
- Reduces the symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Reduces stress
- Helps maintain strong bones
- Reduces the risk of heart attack
- Reduces risk of heart disease
- Builds aerobic fitness
- helps maintain lean muscle tissue
- It’s free!
Remember when you are out for your daily walk to respect the social distancing rules and keep a two-meter distance from other people.
Keeping healthy is one part of looking after your family and yourself. A life insurance policy that fits your individual needs and at the right price is another. Now more than ever it’s vitally important to have a life insurance policy in place, so why not get an online quote by clicking the button below.
You’ll be surprised how affordable it is with some policies from £1.50 a week!